Vader Systems is an additive manufacturing solution provider advancing the adoption of metal additive manufacturing by offering a system that boasts high speed printing, a dramatically reduced overall part cost, and properties desirable to numerous industries. Featuring patented MagnetoJet(TM) technology, Vader’s systems use easily sourced input material to jet high-speed droplets of molten metal, yielding functional finished parts in record time. This ground-breaking and scalable technology is capable of achieving fully dense parts, without residual stresses, warping and safety concerns associated with powder-based processes. Vader is currently printing with high strength aluminum alloys, with bronze and copper under development. Based in Buffalo, NY, Vader serves a variety of industries with products made in the USA. For more information, visit www.vadersystems.com.
1. After replace the nozzle, Please recalibrate the distance between nozzle and build plate to ensure the quality of print parts;
2. Don’t use the needle to clean until the nozzle is heated to above 200℃(392℉).You can twist the needle to make it easier to clean up;
3. Sharp parts, please keep away from children.
Specification of nozzle:
Compatibility: MK10 hotend M7 thread aluminum heater block;
Output diameter: 0.4mm;
Input diameter: 1.75mm/3mm;
Specification of drill bit:
Compatibility: 0.4mm nozzle;
Size: 0.4mm*1PCS, 0.35mm*1PCS;
Material: Stainless steel SUS304.
Brass nozzle: 5 pieces;
Nozzle cleaning drill bit: 2 pieces.
- Brass material advantage: The heat conductivity of brass is 7 times as high as that of stainless steel. MK10 hotend structure only allows filament to have little contact with the nozzle. The material of the nozzle must be brass to ensure filament’s temperature is the same as the thermistor, so it make the melt plastic more smooth. But the heat conductivity of stainless steel is so poor, it is unscientific and irrational used on MK10 nozzle.
- Compatibility: Fit with MK10 hotend M7 thread aluminum heater block, such as FlashForge Creator Pro, FlashForge Creator X, FlashForge Dreamer, Dremel Idea, Builder PowerSpec 3D, Pro PowerSpec 3D X, Wanhao Duplicator 4S, Wanhao Duplicator 4X, Wanhao i3, etc.
- Quantity and specification: M7 thread 0.4mm nozzle 5 pieces. 0.4mm Nozzle cleaning drill bit 2 pieces. For detailed dimensions, please refer to the drawings in the upper left.
- Material: Nozzle is brass. Nozzle cleaning drill bit is stainless steel SUS304.
- Durability: Nozzle cleaning drill bit can be used heaps of times, because of SUS304 stainless steel material. It will neither rust nor be broken, no matter how it is used.You only need one to solve all the same size nozzles blockage problems.
Researchers at North Carolina State University are using 3D printing to create amorphous metal, or metallic glass, alloys.
In order to make metallic glass, the material requires rapid cooling to prevent the crystalline structure from forming. For the most part, researchers have cast these metallic glasses into small gauges. For example, amorphous iron alloys could be cast no more than a few millimeters thick. That size limitation is called an alloy’s critical casting thickness.
This is where 3D printing comes into the picture.
“The idea of using additive manufacturing to produce metallic glass on scales larger than the critical casting thickness has been around for more than a decade,” Mahbooba says. “But this is the first published work demonstrating that we can actually do it. We were able to produce an amorphous iron alloy on a scale 15 times larger than its critical casting thickness.”
A laser is applied to a layer of metal powder, melting the powder into a solid layer that is only 20 microns thick. The “build platform” then descends 20 microns, more powder is spread onto the surface, and the process repeats itself. Because the alloy is formed a little at a time, it cools quickly, allowing it to retain amorphous qualities. The end result is a solid, metallic glass object, not an object made of laminated, discrete layers of the alloy.
These alloys will offer properties that will make them suitable for a variety of different applications such as more efficient electric motors, better wear-resistant materials, higher strength materials, and lighter weight structures.
“And there is no reason this technique could not be used to produce any amorphous alloy,” says Ola Harrysson, corresponding author of the paper and Edward P. Fitts Distinguished Professor of Industrial Systems and Engineering at NC State.
“One of the limiting factors at this point is going to be producing or obtaining metal powders of whatever alloy composition you are looking for. For example, we know that some metallic glasses have demonstrated enormous potential for use in electric motors, reducing waste heat and converting more power from electromagnetic fields into electricity.”
“It will take some trial and error to find the alloy compositions that have the best combination of properties for any given application,” says Zaynab Mahbooba, first author of a paper on the work and a Ph.D. student in North Carolina State University’s Department of Materials Science and Engineering. “For instance, you want to make sure you not only have the desirable electromagnetic properties, but that the alloy isn’t too brittle for practical use.”
Harrysson adds that using additive manufacturing allows the team to produce these metallic glasses in a variety of complex geometries.
QIDI TECH 3D Printer X-smart Loaded with easy-to-use features, and designed to be at home in kids rooms and classrooms, the new QIDI TECH X-smart is the good choice for 3D printing novices and educators.
QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3D Printer X smart
1 roll of 1kg PLA filament,color randomly selected.
USB Pen Drive
Filament guide tube
Printing Technology:FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling)
Build Plate: 170 L X 150 W
Layer Resolution: 100~500 microns
Positioning Precision: 11 microns on X and Y and 2.5 microns on Z
Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm
Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm
Frame & Body: Metal
Extruder Quantity: ONE
Product Weight: 22 Software: QIDI TECH Software
Operating Systems: Windows 7/ 8 / 10 , Mac OS X
Printing via USB Pen drive
Voltage: 115V ~ 230 V
- Single extruder with extra cooling fan
- 3.5-inch full color touchscreen with intuitive icons makes for easy operation
- Full metal support more stable than plastic support
- Aviation aluminum, CNC machining aluminum alloy
- JGAURORA 3d Printer coupler for A3S A5
- Number of item : 2pcs