Polyester (PET) tape is ideal to use on top of a 3D printer bed platform such as glass. If using filament such as ABS, a heated build plate is required. The heat transfers well through the PET tape. Adherence to build platforms is sometimes troublesome, but ABS and other filament adhere remarkably well to PET tape. In particular, PET tape has equal if not better adherence than traditional Kapton tape. Application of PET tape can be done dry, which involves rolling the PET tape on to your printing surface. However, a more efficient method is using a wet method which involves spraying the surface with water so that the PET tape can be repositioned. Additionally, this allows the PET tape to be lifted to squeegee out any air bubbles. If you do not have a squeegee, then a credit card can be used. Polyester (PET) tape can be easily removed without leaving any residue behind. The tape has an upper temperature range of 425 F or 220 C. PET tape has a silicone adhesive, and the PET film layer measures 1 Mil thick. The dimensions of this roll of tape are 6 inches wide by 100 feet in length.
- High quality 3D Printer Kapton Tape Polyimide for 3D Printer Bed Platform
- This high temperature polyimide film with silicone adhesive provides a superior build platform solution for most of your parts.
- Kapton is the practical choice because of its great adhesion at full temperature & self releasing characteristics as the part cools.
- It works with many print surfaces – especially our Borosilicate Glass Platform
- Size: 150mm(W) x 33m(L) x 0.05mm(thickness),