PEI (Polyetherimide) sheets provide a 3D printing build surface that requires no tape, slurry, or adhesive. ABS and PLA both stick extremely well to the surface, which eliminates the need for support rafts used for better adhesion. The printed 3D parts will adhere to the PEI surface on a heated bed, and it will release or pop off when cooling down.
How to Use:
Cut the PEI sheet to size by scoring with a hobby knife. Remove the blue protective film from the PEI sheet. Carefully apply the 3M 468MP Transfer Tape and use it to stick the PEI to the print bed.
Once the PEI sheet is attached, re-level your print bed and you are ready to go!
It helps to wipe the surface down with isopropyl alcohol, methyl alcohol, or soap in between prints. This will ensure the PEI is clean, and help adhesion. Light sanding with 2400 grit paper will also give the PEI sheet more life.
- Great for printing ABS and PLA (along with many other materials) directly on to print surface without the need for additional adhesives or tape.
- Single 0.8mm sheet installs quickly on top of existing build platform
- Blue protective film guards against scratches during shipping. Remove film before using PEI sheet.
- Reuse for multiple prints, just wipe down with isopropyl alcohol between prints for best results
- Includes: 1x PEI Sheet, 1x 3M 468MP Transfer Tape