PLA filament is the perfect everyday plastic to use in desktop 3D printers. Plastic PLA is stiffer and harder than ABS, another commonly used thermoplastic in 3D printing. PLA is a renewable resource since it is commonly produced from corn and a bio-degradable polymer. It gives off a pleasant sweet smell when printing unlike ABS. PLA is easier to get a nice flat print with when compared to ABS because it is less thermally contractive meaning it warps less. A heated bed is not required, although it is recommended. PLA filament prints perfectly on multiple surfaces such as heated glass, diluted PVA glue, blue tape, Kapton tape, PET tape, PEI sheet, and more.
Mitus brand was created out of the need to provide superior high quality filament without any compromise commonly seen in cheaper China made brands. Mitus PLA is manufactured in the USA with only 100% virgin materials. There are no cheap plastic fillers or recycled polymers. Using industry leading equipment such as four laser micrometers, the PLA filament is able to extrude with tolerances greater than +/- 0.03mm. All PLA filaments are guaranteed to be void and cavity free which would typically cause uneven printing or even failures.
- Printing Temperature: 190-220°C
- Bed Temperature: 70°C
- Diameter: 1.75mm +/- 0.03mm
- Net weight: 1kg
- Proudly made in America
- 100% virgin material without cheap plastic fillers or regrind
- Free of cavities, pockets, or voids
- Quad laser micrometer for controlling diameter and roundness tolerances, within +/- .03mm
- Natural color is 100% pure PLA with no color pigment additive which looks clear transparent
- Proudly made in the USA