Of all the parts on your average desktop 3D printer, the nozzle itself is arguably where the real magic happens. Above the nozzle, plastic is being heated to the precise temperature required to get it flowing smoothly. Immediately below the nozzle there’s a fan blowing to get the plastic cooled back down again. This carefully balanced arrangement of heating and cooling is the secret that makes high quality fused deposition modeling (FDM) printing possible.
But as it turns out, getting the plastic hot ends up being easier than cooling it back down again. The harsh reality is that most of the fans small enough to hang on the side of a 3D printer nozzle are pretty weak. They lack the power to push the volume of air necessary to get the plastic cooled down fast enough. But with his latest project, [Mark Rehorst] hopes to change that. Rather than using some anemic little fan that would be better suited blowing on the heatsink of a Raspberry Pi, he’s using a hacked CPAP machine to deliver some serious airflow.
The brilliance of using a CPAP machine for this hack is two-fold. For one, the machine uses a powerful centrifugal fan rather than the wimpy axial “muffin” fans we usually see on 3D printers. Second, the CPAP pushes air down a lightweight and flexible hose, which means the device itself doesn’t have to be physically mounted to the printer head. All you need is manifold around the printer’s nozzle that connects up to the CPAP hose. This “remote” fan setup means the print head is lighter, which translates (potentially) into higher speed and acceleration.
[Mark] was able to connect the fan MOSFET on his printer’s SmoothieBoard controller up to the brushless motor driver from the CPAP motor, which lets the printer control this monster new fan. As far as the software is concerned, nothing has changed.
He hasn’t come up with a manifold design that’s really optimized yet, but initial tests look promising. But even without a highly optimized outlet for the air, this setup is already superior to the traditional part cooler designs since it’s got more power and gets the fan motor off of the print head.
Getting your 3D printed parts to cool down is serious business, and it’s only going to get harder as printers get faster. We wouldn’t be surprised if fan setups like this start becoming more common on higher-end printers.
Elegoo Inc. is a professional manufacturer and exporter that is concerned with the design, development production and marketing of arduino, 3d printers, raspberry pi and STM32.
Our Dream is to make the best price and best quality produce for customers.
So we would like to receive your valuable suggestions for our products and we can improve them for you.
1pcs UNO R3 Controller Board
1pcs LCD1602 Module ( with pin header)
1pcs Breadboard Expansion Board
1pcs Power Supply Module WARNING: Pls. do not use the voltage higher than 9V
1pcs Joystick Module
1pcs IR Receiver
1pcs Servo Motor (SG90)
1pcs Stepper Motor
1pcs ULN2003 Stepper Motor Driver Board
1pcs Ultrasonic Sensor
1pcs DHT11 Temperature and Humidity Module
1pcs 9V Battery with DC
1pcs 65 Jumper Wire
1pcs USB Cable
1pcs Active Buzzer
1pcs Passive Buzzer
1pcs 5V Relay
1pcs Tilt Switch
5pcs Button (small)
1pcs 1 digit 7-segment Display
1pcs 4 digit 7-segment Display
5pcs Yellow LED
5pcs Blue LED
5pcs Green LED
5pcs Red LED
1pcs RGB LED
2pcs Diode Rectifier (1N4007)
2pcs NPN Transistor (PN2222)
1pcs IC 74HC595
10pcs Female-to-male Dupont Wire
- Free PDF tutorial(more than 22 lessons) and clear listing in a nice package
- The most economical way to starting Arduino programming for those beginners who are interested
- Lcd1602 module with pin header (not need to be soldered by yourself)
- This is the upgraded starter kits with power supply module, 9V battery with dc
- High quality kite with uno R3, 100 percent compatible with Arduino uno R3
100% brand new and high quality.
Drive current algorithm and regulation.
1. drive current algorithm: i=Vref*1.9/2.5, the default Vref about 0.65v, so the default current 0.5A, the maximum current 1A
2. Vref measurement of Gnd and potentiometer intermediate voltage.
3. Don’t connect to the motor when measuring voltage, otherwise it is easy to burn the drivers.
4. the measurement of the voltage should be switched on. Don’t just connect the USB power supply.
Attention: please put TMC2100 drivers in the correct direction on the board.
Use of the TMC2100 drive module:
1. When use in the Ramps1.4 or MKS Gen, or Lerdge touch screen motherboard, please remove the 3 jumper cap under the socket.
2. Please pay attention to direction.
3. The heat sink directly attached to the PCB.
4. The motor direction is opposite to that of A4988 and DRV8825, please adjust the firmware or adjust the motor wiring if you want to change to 4988.
And if you use the Lerdge motherboard, please set the direction directly in the setting page of direction of the motor.
Name: TMC2100 Stepper Motor Driver
Color: White + Blue
Size: 2×1.5×1.2cm / 0.79×0.59×0.47in (Approx.)
Heat Sink size: 1.2×0.9×1.2cm/0.47×0.35×0.47in (Approx.)
Application: 3D printing
Quantity: 1PC (other accessories demo in the picture is not included)
1 X TMC2100 Stepper Module With Heat Sink
- 100% brand new and high quality.
- Super silence in working.
- Drive current algorithm: i=Vref*1.9/2.5, the default Vref about 0.65v, the default current 0.5A, the maximum current 1A
- Size: 2×1.5×1.2cm / 0.79×0.59×0.47in (Approx.)
- Heat Sink size: 1.2×0.9×1.2cm/0.47×0.35×0.47in
Unleash your inner artist with our Artist Grade 3D Printing Pen Filament Refill Collection!
At SmashZen, we know that while some of the best art is serendipitous, sometimes you don’t want to leave your color palette up to chance. Our 3D ABS refill pack has 34 different shades for every 3D drawing project you can dream up. 4 glow colors light up when exposed to light, perfect for illuminated designs and crafts.
The colors: Glow Blue, Glow Green, Glow Purple, Glow Yellow, White, Flesh, Butterscotch Nougat, Royal Purple, Midnight Blue, Barbie Pink, Golden Bronze, Bubblicious Pink, Stars & Stripes Blue (Fluo), Persimmon Orange, Pewter Silver, Seafoam Green, Fuschia, Slate Grey, Misty Grey, Lilac Purple, Rose Pink, Jungle Green, Royal Blue, Licorice Red, Chocolate Brown, Lemon Yellow, Neon Orange (Fluo), Chestnut Brown, Spring Grass Green, Pitch Black, Parakeet Blue, Neon Green (Fluo), Clementine Orange, Neon Yellow (Fluo).
More coloring options mean more 3D creative crafts!
Inspire Creativity & Improve Spatial Understanding With A SmashZen 3D Printing Pen Filament Refill Set!
With our filament refill strands, you & your kids can literally scribble in the air!
Create a dragon, a robot, the Eiffel tower. The possibilities are endless.
Made from high quality ABS materials, our filaments are compatible with 3D drawing pens that require 1.75 mm filaments. Note: This filament is not compatible with 3Doodler.
Still Not Sure If This 3D Printing Pen Filament Set Is What You Are Looking For?
• Our premium ABS filament refills are the ABSOLUTE best on the market.
• 1.75mm strands, 20 feet long. 34 unique colors. 4 glow in the dark colors. 680 feet filament refills in total.
• Limitless fun, endless 3D pen crafts, enhanced creativity and imagination!
• Create solid and stable structures in a matter of minutes.
What are you waiting for?
Scroll Up & Click Add To Cart Now!
- DRAW IN THE AIR WITH 1.75MM ABS FILAMENTS: Our filament strands work with 3D printer pens which accept 1.75mm diameter filaments. Embark on the art revolution and craft wonderful 3D structures, paintings, and sculptures with our 3D printer pen filament refills. Ideal for 3D printer pen fans, professional designers, hobbyists, artists, adults of all ages, and kids.
- 34 DESIGNER COLORS & TOTAL OF 680 FEET OF FILAMENT: 34 Colors and 4 GLOW IN THE DARK! Each filament is 20′ long, totaling 580′ of fun! Glow Blue, Glow Green, Glow Purple, Glow Yellow, White, Flesh, Butterscotch Nougat, Purple, Midnight Blue, Barbie Pink, Bronze, Bubblicious Pink, Fluo Blue, Persimmon, Pewter, Seafoam, Fuschia, Slate, Mist, Lilac, Rose, Jungle Green, Royal Blue, Red, Chocolate, Lemon, Neon Orange, Chestnut, Spring Green, Black, Parakeet Blue, Neon Green, Clementine, Neon Yellow.
- 100% VIRGIN PROFESSIONAL QUALITY GRADE A MATERIAL: Filaments on the market vary widely in terms of quality. SmashZen filaments, created for professional artists and designers, are made to the highest possible standards for the most vibrant color, even texture, consistently smooth finish, and optimum flow through the extruder tube and nozzle. Our quality and color selection is unmatched.
- AMAZON’S MOST COMPREHENSIVE RANGE OF 1.75MM ABS FILAMENT COLORS IN ONE SET: We spent 4 weeks carefully curating the color selection in this refill set so that you have an artist’s palette of shades to choose from when creating your 3D art. No where else on Amazon can you find a 3D pen filament refill kit that has this variety of colors with this quality and at this price!
- GET THESE 3D PRINTING PEN REFILLS RISK FREE: Since your satisfaction is our top priority, these 3D art pen filaments are backed by our unconditional money back guarantee policy! All of our sets are vacuum packed and sealed so as to retain ultimate freshness for much longer!