The UP! Plus 2 3D desktop printer has an open frame, all-metal blue chassis and fabricates objects using 1.75 mm ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) or PLA (polylactic acid) thermoplastic filament (sold separately), with a vertical resolution from 150 to 400 microns (0.15 to 0.40 mm). The printer can build objects to maximum dimensions of 5.3 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches/135 x 140 x 140 mm (H x W x D). The included printer management software runs on a Windows or Mac OS X computer, reads Standard Tessellation Language (STL) files generated by computer-aided design (CAD) software (sold separately), and commands the printer through the provided USB cable. An included platform-level calibration device can be used with the software to help ensure a level build surface. The software can also read the included nozzle-height detection device to calibrate the nozzle’s vertical position for accurate operation.
The extruder has a heat and wind shield that helps prevent injury, and redirects air to help cool the material for a fine finish. A metal build platform heats to 105 degrees C to help provide thermal stability. A perforated cell board fastens to the platform by spring clips for a secure fabrication base. Solid metal guide rails and precision slide bearings help ensure precise movement. The belt-driven stepper motors meet the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standard ICS 16-2001.
|Printing material||ABS or PLA|
|Vertical (Z-axis) resolution||150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400 microns (0.15, 0.20, 0.25, 0.30, 0.35, 0.40 mm)|
|Build speed||10-100 cm3/h|
|Build volume||5.3 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches/135 x 140 x 140 mm (H x W x D)|
|Printer weight||5 kg (11 lb)|
|Printer size||350 x 245 x 260 mm (H x W x D)|
|Power requirements||100-240V AC, 50-60Hz, 200W|
|Operating systems supported||Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X|
*H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
3D printers fabricate physical objects directly from computer-aided-design (CAD) data sources. Objects created by additive manufacturing are built by dispensing successive thin layers of molten material onto a moving platform base from a robotic extruder nozzle. The material is most commonly a thermoplastic or HDPE (high-density polyethylene) filament.
PP3DP manufactures UP! brand portable 3D printers and accessories. The company, founded in 2010, is headquartered in Beijing, China.
What’s in the Box?
- UP! Plus 3D Printer
- Platform level calibration device
- Nozzle height detect device
- 3.5 mm cable
- USB cable
- Power adapter (20 V)
- Filament guide tube
- Maintenance kit (spare fasteners)
- Perforated cell boards (3)
- 0.7 kg spool of white ABS filament (1.75 mm diameter)
- Tool kit: pen knives (2); tweezers; hex wrench; hand shovel; pliers; gloves; nozzle wrench; clips (4)
- Fabricates objects from STL files using ABS or PLA thermoplastic filament (sold separately)
- Open frame, all-metal blue chassis with heat and wind shield to help prevent injury and cool the material for a fine finish
- Includes devices for platform-level calibration and nozzle-height detection to help ensure accurate operation
- Builds objects to maximum dimensions of 5.3 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches/135 x 140 x 140 mm (H x W x D)
- Vertical (Z-axis) resolution from 150 to 400 microns (0.15 to 0.40 mm)